Are you becoming a happier person? Every so often you have to stop and take a moment to ask yourself if whatever you are doing is working. How long have you been at this? How long now?
Can you honestly say you have been working towards your happiness and being happier? It is much easier to just talk about it, it is easier still to read about it, but have you taken action on it?
Is happiness really so far out there so elusive to you that it has been added on to your to do list, that you have been planning to get to soon. You have just been too busy.
On the other hand maybe you are among the oh so many people who are just walking around in a constant state of discontent and do not even know where to begin with happiness. Well that one cannot be true because you are here.
So let me ask one more question. Have you let days slip by into weeks and weeks to years to never having discovered what truly makes you happy? Really? Well I am not sure why your happiness the happiness I know is in you, (it always has been) has become the impossible dream, but if that is what is happening then here is what you need to do.
You really want to be happy? Then quit trying, yes you heard me right, quit trying to be happy it is not working for you. So you need to quit trying and start doing, you need to quit trying and start being, not next week not when you have time NOW.
You see there is absolutely no reason you cannot start right now to be happier, the longer you wait, the less time you will have to be happy.
Do not waste any more time trying to get back memories of your happiness. That is not working for you, there are other ways, there are always other ways. Just doing the following things will make you a happier person but you have to start, you have to take action and you have be consistent.
If you find any of these things too hard for you to do or you think you are too busy to make any changes well that is a real reflection on just how little your happiness matters to you.
So here are things that you can do very easily that in doing them your creating your own happiness and a life worth living.
1. Be honest with everyone. Even little white lies can gnaw away at your conscience and erode your integrity. Be honest with others and true to yourself. In doing so you remove and alleviate the stress that comes with deception. You will have a lot more respect for yourself and your relationships will improve exponentially.
2. Give selflessly of your time and resources. Helping others is one of the best ways to help yourself; few things in the world will give you a greater feeling than doing something for someone in need. Donate a few hours, give away those extra outfits you may have in your closet or spare change in your car or your pocket. In giving you shall receive. It is a universal law
3. Treat yourself well. Be appreciative of who you are and all that you have to offer and let nobody, including yourself, treat you any less than a loved and worthy human. People learn to treat you from the way you treat yourself. Wallowing in self-pity, being permissive with depression or allowing others to belittle you in any way will hold you down forever.
4. Forgiveness for yourself. Forgiveness for yourself is huge. We are all one bad decision away from doing the right thing at any given point in time. When mistakes happen whether we are at fault or we are not at fault being able to forgive yourself does not erase what happened. It allows the power of healing to begin and reminds us of our imperfect nature.
5. Find daily pleasure to fuel your soul. Life is worth living. No matter how busy or demanding your day is, find something along the way that makes it all worthwhile and gives you reason to smile.
6. See your blessings. True happiness is in enjoying living itself, not in the material things you can surround yourself with. You have more to be grateful for than you realize and seeing the good things in your life can put it all in perspective.
7. Discover the root of your discontent. Until you know why happiness is eluding you, your efforts at achieving it will be in vain. Therapy, soul-searching or writing a daily journal are all ways you can help yourself.
Happier people are not trying to be happy each day, they are happy. They know what makes them happy and they incorporate those things into their lives on a daily basis.